Monday, June 17, 2013

Blog of the Week~Anthony North

Kids, I am sure you have enjoyed Anthony North's sharp-eyed and comprehensive view of current affairs, politics, environmental issues and much more on his blog: Anthony North ~ Thinker and storyteller.





There are always many topics to think about and discuss, written with his trademark wry humour,  a variety of essays, poems, sci fi, crime and detective stories, and tales of horror and mystery. In short, no matter your proclivities, you will find something of interest here. Here's a peek:


READ WITH MUMMY
Gossamer thin ghost
The veil descends at night time
He missed her so much
***
BEAST: He still saw a man in his
reflection. Yet the body of his victim
said otherwise. The beast within
always fools its host.
***
Jekyll’s dilemma
His potion not needed now
He was of two minds
ANSWER: As he saw the ghost, he
wondered: do they have brains? He was
answered as the spirit possessed him
and replied: ‘Yes. When we need one.’

Anthony offers a wonderful array of free ebook downloads, at the following links:

I, Writer - 43 stories, writing tips, memoir
I, Observer - nonfiction, philosophy, essays
I, Adventurer - adventure flash fiction
I, Unexplained - nonfiction, new age, the paranormal
I, Crime Writer - flash fiction, crime genre
I, Sci Fi Fan - post-apocalyptic to virtual reality
I, Horror - horror flash fiction
I, Romantic - fiction, romance, short stories

........and there are others. Wow! A wonderfully varied collection! 
Way to go, Anthony!

Anthony, we applaud your productivity in organizing so much of your work in ebook form. I am inspired by your example - but am very far behind you in trying to do the same. Thanks for your valued participation at Poets United. Keep shining, kiddo!

10 comments:

  1. Great choice, Sherry. Anthony, your blog is top notch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice. anthony has def been a staple in the online writing community...i rather like his micro novels...and his wit...and variety...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Sherry ~ I have enjoyed his blog for some time now ~ Its full of news, quotes, fun, stories, micro & macro ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is blog is worth reading. Lot many things to offer, a lot many that can satisfy a literature-lover !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for featuring me here, Sherry. It's very kind of you. And thank you for the nice comments,guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, Sherry. Have been to his blog, and it's truly blue-chip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anthony - you always have so much worth reading in one stop! Thanks for always sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have enjoyed and followed Anthony for several years. A thought provoking writer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great that you have featured Anthony's writing ... I discovered him some time back on Magpie Tales and enjoy reading everything he does!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Seem to have missed Anthony, somehow. Will definitely rectify that. :)

    ReplyDelete